Thanks to the combination of a refined technology with the highest Italian craftmanship, we can enhance 200 micron thin films with unique aesthetic characteristics that have extraordinary depth.
Our centuries-old experience in the world of plastic ranges from cellulose acetate to Bioplastic, from celluloid to decorative films, that is Sicobloc and Mdecor.
The first of Mazzucchelli’s decorative products was Sicobloc, a PVC polymer. Lately our laboratories developed a new innovative decorative product, for which a request of patent had been submitted. This newly born material is Mdecor, made with aliphatic polyurethane.
The beauty of our decorative films stems from our centennial experience in the block production process. With the block technology we can create a mass of plastic material coloured with solid and pearly pigments, allowing multicolour structures and special 3D effects thanks the know-how of our craftsmen that make every piece unique as a natural material: handcraft on industrial scale. We can reinvent patterns inspired by fantasy and natural materials, according to the most recent trends of fashion and design.
The flexibility of the proposed materials allows for different ways of usage, whenever you want to create inimitable and incredible effects and patterns on objects and surfaces.
Mdecor is made using thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), an extremely versatile elastomer with strong mechanical properties, high light and chemical resistance and performance characteristics unequal in any other material.
Sicobloc is made using flexible PVC, presenting all the characteristics and advantages of well known PVC film in terms of flexibility and resistance.
Mdecor – TPU films
Mdecor is a decorative film made of aliphatic TPU.
It can be used in many ways and for various applications, whenever there is a need for special aesthetic effects, higher performances and longer product life, exceptional resistance to hydrolysis and UV exposure, flexibility in a wide range of temperatures and good resistance to microorganisms.
Mdecor can easily be heated, high frequency welded, sewn or glued; and is compatible with different materials such as plastics, wood, metal, fabric, paper and non wovens.
Sicobloc – PVC films
Sicobloc is a decorative film made of DEHP free PVC.
It can be used whenever a harmonic balance between aesthetic effects, performance and cost is needed.
More in detail, Sicobloc is made of DEHP-free plasticized PVC. Our PVC offers in a 0.2 mm thickness all the beauty and depth of the block technology and is the best choice if you need a price effective flexible film. It is suitable for lamination and various transformation processes with the characteristics of PVC in terms of good resistance to bending and good chemical and exposure resistance.
Mdecor – in detail
Mdecor base film can be processed and transformed in our plants: polishing, lamination and printing are usual treatments for our products.
For other post processing techniques, we can support your needs to get the best results.
Various surface finishes are available: rough, matte, glossy and embossed.
- Rough finish: rough (R) is the natural outcome of our manufacturing process and it is suitable for applications where Mdecor must be laminated or reworked.
- Glossy or matte surface: surface finishes of Mdecor can be easily adapted to your needs. In our factory we can polish TPU sheets to transform R surface into perfect matte (M) or glossy (L) finishes. Our process is carried out in a press, so in a single step we polish both surfaces: you can decide if you want sheets with both sides matte (MM) or one side glossy and the other matte (LM) or both side glossy (LL).
- Embossing: Mdecor can also be embossed with various textures.
Composition with other materials
You can combine Mdecor with different types of materials to create your original products.
- Lamination: Mdecor can be laminated with many substrates including other plastic materials such as PC, ABS, PMMA, Acrylates, PVC and TPU itself as well as canvas, non-woven fabrics, paper and cardboard. If needed, TPU is compatible also with adhesives such us EVA, PVB, etc.
- Technical lamination with other polymers gives different characteristics to Mdecor such as rigidity, thickness, scratch resistance or anti-stick properties and thermoforming.
- Aesthetical lamination with colored or printed plastic films can modify the aesthetical appearance creating a wider variety of effects. We recommend not to use temperatures exceeding 140°C to avoid damages to the pattern.
- Bonding: adhesives can be used to bond Mdecor on many substrates. We suggest to use epoxy or reactive polyurethane glues.
- Welding: Mdecor is easily weld-able with high frequency, alternatively it can be hot air welded, for instance to canvas and fabrics.
- Sewing: the tear resistance of Mdecor makes the material sewable without being ripped and torn.
Mdecor can be easily cut to obtain all the shapes you want.
- Cutting: Mdecor can be cut using normal tools such as cutters, scissors, punches, trimmer, shears, circular or band saws.
- Laser cut: thanks to the absence of plasticizers, Mdecor can be also laser cut, even when it is laminated with other materials compatible with laser cut. Mdecor can also be laser engraved. Our R&D team can help you to find the right conditions for laser cutting.
Mdecor, alone or in combination with other materials, can be shaped by thermoforming and over-injection.
- Thermoforming: Mdecor can be thermoformed after laminating with rigid sheets of thermoplastic polymers such as Polycarbonate, Acrylates, PVC, Polyamides and so on. Those laminates can be thermoformed even with only a single mould. Thermoforming conditions can vary according to thickness, composition and complexity of the shape. Ideal processing temperature is between 120°C and 140°C. We recommend not to use temperatures exceeding 140°C for a long time to avoid damages to the pattern.
- Over-injection: Mdecor is also suitable for over-injection, notably with PU. We recommend not to use temperatures exceeding 140°C for a long time to avoid damages to the pattern.
Mdecor can be printed with different techniques to offer your own customization.
- Art Print: digital printing allows the production of all images with high quality. In Mazzucchelli 1849 we are equipped to answer all requests thanks to inks specifically developed for Mdecor. Protection by lamination with a transparent sheet of TPU is recommended. Our team of designers will be glad to support you to create your own pattern.
- Silk screen printing: we can print glitter and other special colours. Protection by lamination with a transparent sheet of TPU is recommended.
Handling and Storage
Easy to store.
Mdecor is made with aliphatic TPU at high light stability. Anyway, we recommend to store Mdecor in a horizontal position, in a dry environment and protected from direct light and heat sources, keeping paper sheets between to avoid any damage and sticking.
Sicobloc – in detail
Sicobloc can be worked and transformed with the same processes used for extruded or calendered flexible PVC sheets. In our factory we can polish and laminate Sicobloc. For other processes, we can support you to get the best results based on your ideas.
Various surface finishes are available: rough, matte, glossy embossed.
- Rough finish: rough (R) is the natural outcome of our manufacturing process and it is suitable for applications where Sicobloc must be laminated or when rough touch is a part of the desired effect.
- Glossy or matte surface: surface finish of Sicobloc can be easily adapted to your needs. In our factory we can polish PVC sheets to transform R surface into perfect matte (M) or glossy (L) finishes. Our process is carried out in a press, so in a single step we polish both surfaces: you can decide if you want sheets with both sides matte (MM) or one side glossy and the other matte (LM) or both side glossy (LL).
- Embossing: Sicobloc can also be embossed with various textures.
Composition with other materials
You can also combine Sicobloc with different types of materials to create your own original products.
- Lamination: Sicobloc can be laminated, alone or even using adhesive layers, with many substrates including other plastic materials such as PC, ABS, PMMA, Acrylates, PVC, TPU and canvas.
- Technical lamination: Lamination with other plastic polymers can be used to impart different properties to Sicobloc, such as rigidity, thickness and resistance. Lamination with rigid thermoplastic materials makes the final product thermoformable.
- Aesthetical lamination with other coloured or printed PVC can enhance the aesthetical appearance creating new effects and colours, maintaining the unique depth of Sicobloc.
- Bonding: a wide range of glues can be used to bond Sicobloc to many materials: our technical assistance service is ready to advise the best choice for your applications.
- Welding: Sicobloc is especially suited for high frequency welding, alternatively it can be hot air welded at 130 - 160C.
Sicobloc, alone or in combination with other materials, can be easily cut to create new shapes.
Sicobloc can be cut using normal tools such as cutters, scissors, punches, trimmer, shears, circular or band saws. Laser cutting is not recommended.
ThermoformingSicobloc can be easily thermoformed, even with a single mould, after laminating with rigid sheets of thermoplastic polymers such as Polycarbonate, Acrylates, PVC, and so on.
Thermoforming conditions can vary according to thickness, composition and complexity of the shape. Ideal processing temperature is between 120°C and 170°C.
Sicobloc can be printed by silk-screen printing or other techniques, using standard solvent based inks for PVC. Protection by lamination with a transparent PVC layer is recommended.
Handling and Storage
Easy to store.
Sicobloc must be stored in a horizontal position, in a dry and fresh environment and protected from direct light and heat sources to decrease the risk of yellowing and plasticizer migration. If stored for a long time, we recommend to keep paper sheets between to avoid sticking.
Custom made products
Your pattern in Mdecor.
The endless combination of colours and patterns we can propose allows us and our customers to create an infinite number of products.
Everyday our Product Development Team and our Technological Laboratory work together with designers and fashion stylists from all over the world to transform their ideas, visions and dreams into reality.
Starting from a fabric, fragment of wood, natural stone, sample of a man-made material, graphic pattern, or fantasy design, we can produce a new pattern of Mdecor.