What is an Mdecor thin sheet
Mdecor is a decorative flexible film made of aliphatic TPU produced with Mazzucchelli block technology, a technology which allows to obtain unique and inimitable pearlescent and three-dimensional effects notwithstanding a very tiny thickness.
The Mdecor thin sheets you will find in this selection have a gross size of 17 x 35 cm. The edges, which may be irregular, can be removed if necessary, thus reaching a net size of 15 x 34 cm. Thickness can be 0.2 or 0.3 mm according to the pattern.
Mdecor thin sheets finishing is defined LM, which means one side glossy and the other matte and they are supplied with a removable sticker with product code on it.
Mdecor – TPU films
Mdecor is a decorative film made of aliphatic TPU.
It can be used in many ways and for various applications, whenever there is a need for special aesthetic effects, higher performances and longer product life, exceptional resistance to hydrolysis and UV exposure, flexibility in a wide range of temperatures and good resistance to microorganisms.
Mdecor can easily be hot and high frequency welded, sewn or glued; and is compatible with different materials such as plastics, wood, metal, fabric, paper and non wovens.
Glossy and matte surface: Our thin sheets are polished in a press to transform the rough surface into perfect matte (M) and glossy (L) finishes. Thanks to this process our thin sheets have one side glossy and the other matte (LM).
Composition with other materials
You can combine Mdecor with different types of materials to create your original products.
- Lamination: Mdecor can be laminated with many substrates including other plastic materials such as PC, ABS, PMMA, Acrylates, PVC and TPU itself as well as canvas, non-woven fabrics, paper, cardboard and leather. If needed, TPU is compatible also with adhesives such us EVA, PVB, etc.
- Technical lamination with other polymers gives different characteristics to Mdecor such as rigidity, thickness, scratch resistance or anti-stick properties and thermoforming.
- Aesthetical lamination with colored or printed plastic films can modify the aesthetical appearance creating a wider variety of effects. We recommend not to use temperatures exceeding 140°C to avoid damages to the pattern.
- Bonding: adhesives can be used to bond Mdecor on many substrates. We suggest to use epoxy or reactive polyurethane glues.
- Welding: Mdecor is easily weld-able with high frequency, alternatively it can be hot air welded, for instance to canvas and fabrics.
- Sewing: the tear resistance of Mdecor makes the material sewable without being ripped and torn.
Mdecor can be easily cut to obtain all the shapes you want.
- Cutting: Mdecor can be cut using normal tools such as cutters, scissors, punches, trimmer, shears, circular or band saws.
- Laser cut: thanks to the absence of plasticizers, Mdecor can be also laser cut, even when it is laminated with other materials compatible with laser cut. Mdecor can also be laser engraved. Our R&D team can help you to find the right conditions for laser cutting.
Mdecor, alone or in combination with other materials, can be shaped by thermoforming and over-injection.
- Thermoforming: Mdecor can be thermoformed after laminating with rigid sheets of thermoplastic polymers such as Polycarbonate, Acrylates, PVC, Polyamides and so on. Those laminates can be thermoformed even with only a single mould. Thermoforming conditions can vary according to thickness, composition and complexity of the shape. Ideal processing temperature is between 120°C and 140°C. We recommend not to use temperatures exceeding 140°C for a long time to avoid damages to the pattern.
- Over-injection: Mdecor is also suitable for over-injection, notably with PU. We recommend not to use temperatures exceeding 140°C for a long time to avoid damages to the pattern.
Mdecor can be printed with different techniques. As a matter of fact, our thin sheets can be hot stamped or silk screen printed in order to offer you the possibility to create your own customization.
Handling and Storage
Easy to store.
Mdecor is made with aliphatic TPU at high light stability. Anyway, we recommend to store Mdecor in a horizontal position, in a dry environment and protected from direct light and heat sources, keeping paper sheets between to avoid any damage and sticking.